Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday Funday : Brush Lettering

I love to write scripture verses and quotes I find inspiring in my traveler's notebook as I journal. It's a good way for me to practice my brush calligraphy and also slows me down to contemplate on the meaning behind the words I write down.

Words can inspire and words can destroy. 

I choose to write down uplifting words and words that inspire me in my journal and a reminder to me to speak kindly to others. Words are powerful and there are ways to speak our minds and yet speak it without hurting the person we are talking to. It is hard sometimes, especially when emotions are heightened. I, for one, have said things I wish I had more time to think about before replying or when I was calmer but hey, we are all learning to be better, right? The important thing is that we are making a conscious effort to guard & better ourselves. It's ok to stumble, we just need to pick ourself up and move on.

This is a time-lapse video of my brush lettering. I have also uploaded it on my Youtube channel and I hope that you will enjoy watching it. Follow me over at my Instagram too if you like to see more pictures of my love for analogue :)


Thank you for dropping by!
- Evelin

No comments:

Post a Comment