Friday, February 10, 2017

Season's Tweetings : Merry & Bright

I know Christmas is over but it is a very merry feeling to create Christmas cards. Well, at least that is the case for me :) Christmas has always been a favourite season of mine. I love the songs, the atmosphere and the meaning of Christmas. Besides, it's always a good idea to start early and hopefully I will have a healthy stack of Christmas card to send out by the end of this year! I am taking a cue from my dear friend Amy who is building up her stash of Christmas cards early. I really do think it is a very smart thing to do :)

For this card, I am using Season's Tweetings from Winnie & Walter. When I drew the images for this set, I wanted an igloo strung with lights because it feels more festive to me and besides, that would mean more for me to paint and colors adds accents without adding bulk. And oh, what's an igloo without penguin companions, right? These merry trio aims to put a smile on your face :)

I added Stickles on the poms I drew so that they sparkle when light hits them :) I try to make cards as flat as I can especially if I am mailing them overseas but without compromising dimension and accent if possible. So I usually use colors and little sparkles to add some interest. 

And as you can see from my previous posts, I love to use watercolor on my stamped images. I have tried many other mediums which I use once in a while but my go-to would be watercolors. I just love working with them and watching them blend. Perhaps I will do a short video on blending sometime soon?

I hope you liked my card and these cute penguins from Season's Tweetings. And if you like to join me on my adventures in journaling and my love for illustration & stationery, I post pretty frequently over at my Instagram account.

Thanks for dropping by!
- Evelin


No comments:

Post a Comment