Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The night I drew a Rooster

 According to the Chinese Zodiac, the year 2017 is the Year of the Rooster. The Rooster is the tenth animal of the 12-year cycle of the Chinese Zodiac and yes, I know that the Lunar New Year started on January 28 but the celebration technically lasts 15 days so it's not too late to share this watercolor illustration I did last week, right? :)

I know I already shared this on my Instagram but I thought I would share it here too on my blog. I drew this last week during my nightly 'me-time'. I try to carve out some time to create every night and just to slow down, watch some Netflix, journal, illustrate and watercolor :) It's been therapeutic and I enjoy the quiet of the night.

And here's the hyperlapse of me watercoloring the little Rooster. It was really fun drawing and watercoloring this and I hope you enjoy watching this process video. If you have any requests on what to draw or paint next, do drop a comment (or two) and if you like, follow me on Instagram :)

Thanks for dropping by!
- Evelin


No comments:

Post a Comment