Thursday, February 2, 2017

Winnie & Walter Jan/Feb Release : Premiere Day 3

Good Morning :) 

It's Release Day no. 3 over at Winnie & Walter and boy, do they have an amazing assortment of cutaways and cute stamps lined up! Of course, I am a little biased but I do hope that you will love the stamps and all the timeless cutaways that will be released on February 3.

 I am so thankful to be able to design for Winnie & Walter and I always feel so blessed to be able to see (& to use) the stamps I illustrated 'come to life'. I hope that you will love creating with these cute little animals as much as I loved drawing them.

First up is this card I made using the Monkey and Elephant stamp from the Big Hugs stamp set. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and then painted it. 

I wet the background area with some water before applying the watercolor and when the background is almost dry, I painted the little animals. This way, the paint won't run into each other and smear. 

For the second card, I watercolored the stamped Puppy and Kitty image and popped them on some pop dots to create dimension and added enamel dots as well. 

It's been a while since I used enamel dots and they are so fun to use. They add dimension and pops of color to a card without adding too much bulk.

I love making cards that I can use for many occasions and I keep a stash of these in case I need any and have no time to make them on the spot. Do you keep stashes of handmade cards around too or do you prefer to create on the spot? :)

I hope you like the cards I shared with you. I would love to read your comments and if you are interested, I share my love for stationery and illustration over at my Instagram too. 

Be sure to hop on over to Winnie & Walter's blog for giveaways & good luck!

Thanks for dropping by!
- Evelin


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Evelin your cards are adorable! I am in awe over these sweet sets you have designed! (My daughter is a jewellery designer so I understand the passion you put into your work.) It is wonderful to see these little critters come to life.
    I have an incredibly LARGE stash of cards on hand for when I need one, there is only one problem....It seems every time I (or my children) need a card, I don't have JUST what we need so I am still creating one "on demand!" LOL (But I love it!)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, Thank you! I really appreciate your thoughts and your kind words. It is amazing seeing our passion come to life <3
      hahahaha.. I totally get what you mean. I create and create but I still don't seem to have what I need when I need one. It's funny how that turns out sometimes :D

      Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete