Monday, March 13, 2017

Tips & Techniques : Staedtler Triplus Fineliner

Hi there! I hope that you are having a lovely day and thank you for dropping by. Today I want to share a little tip that I use when I am painting/coloring small images.

When I illustrated these trees and cactuses for Winnie and Walter's Kindness stamp set , I drew the flowers and hearts really tiny. Well, I wanted them to look dainty and add interest to the plants without overwhelming them. However, they can be a little challenging to color. Especially if you love to watercolor them (like me) :)

However, if you have fine tip colored pens or my personal favorites, the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, you can use them to color these fine details. The nibs are really fine and they color very well over watercolor too. It covers the green totally and the red stands out. And because the nib is really fine, you can get the tiny areas and won't run the risk of coloring out of the line. I am 'slightly' very OCD, so I need to color within the lines... hehe.

As you can see, using this fineliner allows me great coverage and oh, it also doesn't bleed! Another plus, right? :)

I hope that you enjoyed this little tip and have fun coloring tiny images on the stamps in your stash. I would love to see your creations if you made any using this tip. Just link me up in the comments section.

Thank you for dropping by!
- Evelin

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! They are so precise and have good color saturation.
    Sweet trees!!
    Thank you 💚💚💚
    Squishy Hugs,
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like this! Thank you!
      <3

      Delete