Monday, October 21, 2019

Skate-Your-Own-Greeting with Fun in the Snow


Hello! Kelly here with a card idea that you can completely customize for what you need!


One of my favorite little critters from Evelin's winter stamp sets is this adorable ice skating bear from Fun in the Snow. The way his arms are open wide, and his proud expression, makes it seem like he is showing off his skating abilities. When this set was released, I created a card with the heart doodle by the bear's skate to make it look like he had just finished skating a little heart in the ice. As I we as creating that card I had an idea that I could really make it look like he had just finished skating whatever design or word I wanted. So that's what I did here!



I sketched out my "noel" greeting in pencil first, and then went over it with a felt-tipped pen. I think this would be a cute idea for customizing a card with a person's name, the city they just moved to, or even their favorite sports team (use the team colors in the bear's scarf!) So many different possibilities!


The "ice" is made from smooshing ink onto a stamping block, adding a few drops of water, and then placing the cardstock in the ink. It's always a surprise what you get!


The "from OUR home to YOURS" sentiment is from All is Calm and could really be used on any holiday card you create.

Only a few days until Halloween, and then the holidays will really seem like they are just around the corner. Hope you're collecting lots of ideas these past few weeks. I know I am! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

- Kelly

1 comment: