Monday, January 20, 2020

VIDEO TUTORIAL | Chinese New Year Card


Today, I'm sharing a Chinese New Year card with a video tutorial. I love making Chinese New Year cards every year, especially if I have the appropriate animal stamps for that zodiac year. As it turns out, this Saturday, January 25, 2020 is the start of the Rat Year and I'm a rat! My husband and son are also rats so this is a big year for us.



I used three stamp sets, including Good Tidings To You (also available at EH | SSS), All Hallow's Cuteness (also available at EH | SSS) and All Is Calm (also available at EH | SSS). The two mice are from Good Tidings To You, the mushrooms are from All Hallow's Cuteness and the sentiment is from All Is Calm.


I stamped the images on to a watercolour panel. I also created masks for them so I could sponge the background before watercoloring the images with distress inks. After all the colouring was done and the panel dried, I heat embossed the sentiment with gold tinsel embossing powder.


To finish, I embellished the card with a strip of patterned paper, a strip of gold glitter cardstock and gold star sequins. I hope you enjoyed this out-of-the-box project using Christmas and Halloween stamps to create a Chinese New Year card!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

1 comment: