Monday, May 20, 2019

Coffee Art Spinner Card




Hi Folks! Kelly Griglione here with a fun, interactive card for your favorite coffee lover! The new Coffee Art set is loaded with all sorts of different art you can add to your coffee. And why pick just one?! I sure didn't want to, so for my first design team post I set about creating a spinner card featuring ALL the coffee art!

No special dies needed, just some good old-fashioned construction skills that I'm going to share here. To begin with, I designed the top of the card with all the cute coffee cups, and picked one of the coffee cups to showcase the changing art inside. For that cup I cut a circle out of the inside to make a window.





For the mechanism inside I cut a circle from brown cardstock (if you don't have a circle die, just trace around a tin can or something else in your kitchen). Then I poked a hole in the center and put the tip of a pencil through so I can mark where it should be attached to the card base. At this point you should also line up the top of the card over the brown circle to make sure the art will show through the window in the coffee cup. This is when I realized the brown circle was a little too small to hang over the edge for it to be spun. No worries, I just cut a larger white circle and adhered it underneath the brown circle. Then I put a brad through the middle of the circles to attach them to the card base.

To make sure the art is stamped in the right place, I divided the brown circle in 6 equal sections and lined up the top of the card over everything. I stamped the coffee art through the window of the coffee cup, spun the circle to the next section, stamped another coffee art, spun the circle, stamped, spun, stamped, spun, etc.


To make sure the brown circle spins freely, I built up some layers around it.



Then I adhered the layers to the card base, and attached the brown circle spinner with a brad to the base. The top of the card is adhered to the layers. Now I can add the rest of the coffee cups and sentiment to the top of the card.


And here it is all assembled!


As you spin the circle, a new piece of coffee art appears! The recipient can have a new card almost every day of the week.



And here are all the different variations! Would you like to see it in action?



Fun, right?! I really enjoy making interactive cards like these. It's a challenge to see if I can take an idea and make it work.

I hope you enjoyed seeing this spinner card take place, and maybe have some ideas of your own to try!

Thanks for stopping by!
Kelly

3 comments: