Monday, November 4, 2019

All is Calm, All is Bright

Happy Monday, everyone! 

It's Evelin here today and I will be sharing my process video creating this card from our All is Calm set. This set features a single large stamp (with accompanying sentiments) that is so much fun to color. It is truly an art therapy piece!

I stamped the image using a light brown ink pad that I had from ages ago and then watercoloring it and used colored pencils to add depth and details.

For this card, I used cold pressed watercolor paper which is why you can see more textures on the colored image. Cold pressed watercolor papers are slightly textured by nature which is great for watercolors because it is more absorbent but creates a more textured finish when layered with colored pencils. Unlike smoother papers in which colored pencils can go on more smoothly.

So, depending on the style and feel of the card you want to create, you can choose different types of paper to try as well :)

I even used gold Stickles to add some 'bling' to the Christmas lights on the tree. Does anyone still use Stickles? haha... Most of the times, I just use what I already have in my stash, so I hope that it inspires you to 'shop' your stash before creating your cards too.

You can watch the video HERE on our YouTube channel.

Here is the stamp set used to create this card:


I hope you enjoy watching it and have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment