Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Guest Designer: Patricia Roebuck | Good Tidings to You Cards

Hello Everyone!  Thankful to be back again here on the Evelin T Designs blog sharing two cards using the Good Tidings To You stamp set.  Both of these cards use the same pattern paper in two different ways, and both of the images were colored with pencils before I had my cards in mind.



Pulling from the green scarf on this adorable snowy fellow, I used a dark green and an aqua green cardstock for my card panels.  To help my snowy friend stand out a little more, I layered him on top of a die cut pattern paper circle in a pale green with white dots.



For my aqua card panel, I used a dotted stencil with white ink to create a subtle snowy look, then stamped the snowflakes from the same stamp set with the same white ink first, then stamped again in an aqua ink a few times.  I love the softer look this gives stamped images.  You can see the effects of that even more with my stamped sentiment, ' Peace Love Joy' where parts of the black ink are softer in the areas where it is over the white inked background.  To add to the sentiment and my snowy friend being in winter bliss, I adhered a leafy white circle die cut around him. I finished him with Nuvo drops and gems.



My next card uses the negative leftover piece of pattern paper I used for the circle die cut under my snowy friend on the first card.  For this card, I layered it with more pattern paper, in a contrasting color.  



For the sentiment, I stamped and heat embossed in gold onto vellum layered under the circle.  To help the sentiment stand out from the plaid pattern paper, I punched a circle from a dark cardstock to layer under it.  Then just foam adhered my sweet cuddly friends and added a few Nuvo drops to finish.  That vellum adds such a nice soft look to this wintery card as well as a perfect spot for the beautiful sentiment.



Two cards using the same pattern paper and images colored before I had any idea how I would use them.  Love how inspiration comes from pre-stamped and colored images, and leftover pieces of pattern papers.  Hope this gives you some creative ways to use your stamped images.  Will be back for one last guest post later this month, sharing more holiday card ideas with a video!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, both cards are absolutely Adorable! Great job Patricia!!!

    ReplyDelete