Monday, November 11, 2019

Bird on a Snowman - Warm Winter Wishes

Hello! Heather Hoffman here this morning with a card that I had SOOO much fun making! It was one of those cards that you picture and want to try, and love so much when it comes out like you were picturing in your head - so great when that happens! I combined two different stamp sets - Good Tidings to You and Warm Winter Wishes to create this little one layer scene!


As I was looking at my stamp sets, it occurred to me that the little birdie from Warm Winter Wishes would look super cute on the snowman from Good Tidings to You - so I did a bit of masking to add the birdie on the snowman.


Since I was already in the mode of masking by now, I went ahead and added a mask over both images, a circle mask around the entire scene, masked off a line along the bottom, then did some ink blending, finishing off with lots of white paint splatters for snow.


I let the paint dry, then stamped my sentiment along the bottom and added a bit of coloring with my Copic markers. One particularly fun touch is the bit of shadow added under the snowman with Warm Gray markers - I love how it makes the scene feel like it is a little more dimensional even with only one layer!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment