Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Guest Designer: Patricia Roebuck | Fun in the Snow Cards | Video

Hi Everyone!  This is my last post as a guest here on the Evelin T Designs blog.  Thank you so much Evelin for having me and to everyone for letting share!  The holidays are coming quickly.  I thought of a background using the Fun in the Snow stamp set with watercolors that is not only fun and whimsical but quick to mass produce!  And if you have a little extra time to get creative with your holiday cards, I'll share another card using the same stamp set.  I also have a video to share how these cards came together at the end of this post.



I love the playfulness of the Fun in the Snow stamp set.  Each one of these images shows personality and movement.  Perfect for a background.  I created a background with the adorable and silly penguins and the beautiful bear gracefully skating along.  All I did was stamp several card panels with Staz On ink, then added messy watercoloring on top of them.  I created four cards using different cardstock panels under each one before adding to my card base.  You can change the look of them by using different cardstock colors.  To finish them, I added some Nuvo Drops.



For this next card, I did not use a card panel.  This is a single layered card base, except for the silver cardstock die cut frame I adhered around it.  Before adhering that though, I stamped this silly penguin  in black ink.  Then created a mask for him to create a wintery swirl to go along with the motion of him gliding along the ice.



You can see more on the video how this came together.  I placed the mask over the penguin, then used Nuvo Drops and Glitter to create swirls using a popsicle stick.  Lifted the mask after it dried a bit, and colored the penguin with pencils.



For the sentiment, I stamped the floral images from the stamp set to peek under my die cut silver frame to bring attention to my stamped sentiment at the top.  I finished this cutie with gems and sequins.



This card was not complicated to make, but definitely has a few more steps with the masking, coloring and the die cut frame, but still simple enough you could mass produce a set to give out for the holidays.  Thank you so much again Evelin for having me and to everyone for letting me share!  You can watch the video below to see how these came together or watch it in HD on my YouTube Channel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment